- Warm up the oil in a pan over high heat and sauté the onion, garlic, carrots and ginger.
- Then add a pinch of salt, some pepper, the cumin and the cinnamon stick, as well as the apricots and sauté for a while.
- Add the lentils, water and the chili flakes, and cook for 30-40 minutes.
- Puree the soup in a blender together with the mint, coriander and the syrup or lemon.
- Serve topped with fresh coriander and pomegranate seeds.
For 2 servings
15’ preparation, 50’ hands-on
- 2 table spoons olive oil
- 180 g onions
- 150 g carrots, thinly sliced
- 1-2 cloves of garlic, coarsely chopped
- 1-2cm grated ginger
- 3 dried apricots
- 1 cinnamon stick, a pinch of cumin, a pinch of chili flakes, salt, pepper
- 100 g red lentils
- 1 liter of water or a vegetable or chicken bouillon cube
- ¼ bunch of coriander, a little mint
- Pomegranate syrup or lemon juice
- Finely chopped coriander
- Pomegranate seeds
* The grams listed in the recipe are indicative. The quantities of the ingredients are adjusted according to your MyFlexMenu!