For the meatballs with rice:
- In a bowl, add the minced meat, rice, onion, garlic, dill, thyme, lemon zest, spearmint, olive oil, salt, pepper, 1 medium egg and mix thoroughly until all the ingredients are combined.
- In a pot add 1 ½ liter of water, 2 bay leaves, the chicken bouillon cube, thyme, rosemary and the lemon peels.
- Shape the mixture into small meatballs, add them in the pot and put the pan over heat. Cover them with film crosswise and make a small hole on its surface.
- When the film is inflated and steam starts coming out, shimmer for 35 minutes over low heat until cooked through.
For the sauce:
- In a bowl, whisk together the yogurt, lemon juice, pepper, salt, dill and meatball broth.
- Add mixture to pot and stir very slowly to mix the sauce thoroughly.
*The grams listed in the recipe are indicative. The amounts of minced meat, rice, olive oil and yoghurt according to your Myflex Menu! Then, you can adjust accordingly the other ingredients of the recipe.
For the meatballs – yuvarlakia:
- 500 gr minced lean beef
- 100-150 gr round grain rice (glutinous)
- 1 medium onion finely chopped
- 1 clove of garlic finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon dill finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 tablespoon finely chopped spearmint
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium egg
- 1 ½ liter of water
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- Lemon peel of 1 lemon
For the sauce:
- 200 gr yogurt 2% strained
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 3 tablespoons dill
- 2 tablespoon broth from the meatballs